Happy Birthday Dad!!!

Posted by Mary B. Lucas | Posted in

Whew… it has been one crazy week!

In fact since this past Monday I feel like my life has been playing out in front of me like a double feature of sorts… Planes Trains and Automobiles meets Four Weddings and a Funeral.

Between travel for speeches & consulting work and happy & sad personal celebrations (weddings & funerals) my recent schedule has been full & frenzied with little free time to fan the flames of Facebook, Blogs, Links or Tweets.

When I finally sat down tonight to do some bookwork and total the donations I had collected for the John & Mary Bichelmeyer Tribute Site this week I realized that while I had been focused on going from moment to moment of late the moments had been adding up to a milestone that is pretty great and frankly worth bragging or at least blogging about!

Drum roll please…… WE DID IT!

We hit the $10K Donation mark at the www.HeartsWeLeaveBehind.com John & Mary Bichelmeyer American Heart Association Tribute Site!!!

We set the goal on the day we launched the site November 9, 2009 (my Mom’s Birthday) and we hit it on the anniversary of my Dad’s Birthday… July 18, 2010!

As tired as I am right now I am not sure what to make of all of this… I just know that I am going to bed tonight bursting with pride and gratitude to all who have helped me keep my parents legacy alive in such a heartfelt and meaningful way.

What a gift!

Once again… THANK YOU to all for visiting this site and Happy Birthday Dad!!

Always the Butcher’s Daughter…

Mary B. Lucas, B.D.

Comments (0)