CHEERS!

Posted by Mary B. Lucas | Posted in

Friday Afternoon July 9, 2010 My Home Office

Last coaching call for the day complete I prepare to walk out my door when I feel the tug of my inbox begging me to check it once more.

I feel bad when I see all the new messages and realize that I can't possibly provide a timely reply when a new message from my friend Ruth catches my eye...

Ruth McCurdy has left a new comment on your post "You can't Judge a Book by its Cover":

So often, when I find myself judging someone by the way he or she behaves or looks, I am reminded that I've created a story about that person with (as my husband Steve says...) no data!

I think one of the best examples of this is the Susan Boyle story. When she stepped onto the stage on the Britain's Got Talent show the cameras panned the audiences faces. We saw shocked, smug faces turn to awe and delight as she began singing.

What a lesson! Thanks for sharing this story. It really touched my heart.

I am touched by her message and the memory of the YouTube video she describes and I decide in honor of TGIF I will download it again for the 999th time!

I click on the link Britians Got Talent and grab a glass of red wine and I find myself wishing that Susan Boyle's voice was actually mine.

So as I close out this week I share this last thought with all of you... CHEERS Butcher Block Friends... may all of YOUR wishes come true!!!

Comments (0)