Inspiration from the “People Around Us"

Posted by Mary B. Lucas | Posted in

Sunday Night Week in Review...

As I close out this evening I thought I would share the story that inspired me the most this week. The stand out quote that touched me more than any other.

Let me begin by giving you a little background...

My friend Brant is in the midst of battling brain cancer. As you can imagine the effects of surgery to remove most of the tumor in his brain and the follow up chemo & radiation has been hard on him, his family and all those who care about him.

Brant's wife Lucy posts frequent updates to his "Care Page" and her message below inspired me more than anything else I read this week.

Lucy shared:

"Yesterday one of our ministers, Meg, visited with us. One of the questions she asked us was what is sustaining us during this time. I told her that I felt that my answer should be constant prayers, deep faith and reliance on God. I told her that honestly what is sustaining us are the people around us, our community. She offered the perspective that perhaps it is God, in people clothing, sustaining us. We indeed feel that we are being carried through these circumstances in ways we could not have imagined. There are so many different ways that we have been carried--reflective of the variety, character and personalities of those around us. Incredible...."


I could not possibly add anything to her comments except to ask all of you following this blog to keep Brant, Lucy and their son's Foster & Calvin in your prayers.

I thank you all for joining me here at this "community" we are creating together at the Butcher Block Exchange. I look forward to what this next week will bring and to sharing more food for thought & inspiration with all "the people around us".

My BEST!

Mary B. Lucas, B.D.

Comments (0)