Happy New Year! 1/11!

Posted by Mary B. Lucas | Posted in





Early this morning I took a peek at the Tribute Center I created this past year in memory of my Mom & Dad which raises funds for the American Heart Association (AHA). A magical milestone peeked back at me: So far, we've raised more than $11,000.

Said another way......As of  1/11, we have generously given over $11 thousand at www.HeartsWeLeaveBehind.com. What an accomplishment!

This got me pondering the Power of One -- I have been thinking a lot lately about the Power of One... both personally and professionally. Think about it. Each of us is just ONE person. But together, we are multitudes strong. Each of us creates significant impact on the world around us. That's how positive change occurs.....ONE person, ONE step, ONE dream at a time, all moving in the same direction.

In this New Year of 2011, I remain committed to supporting the important research, education and advocacy work established by my pals at the American Heart Association. They need support from people like us to continue their mission. Every one of us counts!

So here's my New Year's Resolution: Having lost both of my parents to heart disease, I intend to do what I can not only to raise funds for the AHA but also to RAISE AWARENESS OF GOOD HEART HEALTH PRACTICES among my own sphere of influence. Friends, family, colleagues, neighbors......YOU.

This month, 1/11, with this email I'm launching the Power of One Heart Health Awareness Campaign.

Here's how it works:

This campaign is a grassroots educational effort designed to carry the AHA mission virally, relying on our own personal relationships and today's social media communications tools.

It is a simple advocacy effort designed to improve the heart health of individuals -- multiple "ones" -- and encourage each "one" person to share the same wellness info with "one" other.

Together, we can create an open dialogue resulting in an incredible opportunity to affect positive change with every person we come in contact with. Think of the tens, hundreds, thousands of friends, families and others in our sphere of influence we can empower to carry the AHA flag, promote awareness, and instill healthy heart habits "one" at a time? The rippling effect could go on and on and on.

And the results? Healthier hearts and improved quality of life for each of us.

So please click here to learn about some simple and effective healthy heart tips from the American Heart Association www.mylifecheck.org.

Please consider this your one opportunity to make a difference in your own life and the lives of so many others. Join me in the Power of One Heart Health Awareness campaign in 2011. Pass this important information on to every one you know! Trust me, it makes your heart feel good to do so.

Wishing every one of you 72 healthy heart beats per minute in 2011.

Mary B. Lucas, B.D.

American Heart Association Advocate and Founder of www.HeartsWeLeaveBehind.com





Comments (0)