Home for the Holidays!

Posted by Mary B. Lucas | Posted in

Happy Thanksgiving!

So many things to be grateful for this holiday season and for me... topping the list... the renewed health and well being of my "baby" boy and the fact that we are HOME for the holidays!

I am sorry that I have been so MIA here on the Butcher Block Exchange of late. It has been a long road to recovery with many bumps along the way and as you can imagine piles upon piles to dig out from under post hospital stay.

That said... I am thrilled to be back here with you today once again sharing some food for thought and inspiration about the attitude of gratitude as we head into the holiday season.

First up from Ralph Waldo Emerson.

For each new morning with its light,


For rest and shelter of the night,


For health and food, for love and friends,


For everything Thy goodness sends.


~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Followed by two thoughts that brought it all home for me today...

We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. ~Cynthia Ozick

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward


Last but not least I will close out with a bit of the Butcher's Wisdom and my appreciation to each of YOU for sharing this special space and place with me as we work together to find ways to grace each day with thanks.



Thank YOU & Happy Holidays
to you and yours from me and mine.
Always... the Butcher's Daughter

Comments (1)

  1. Thank you!!